Bankruptcy Related Matters
- De V&P, Inc. Post-Confirmation Liquidation Trust- Trustee.
- Fountainhead Communications, Inc.- Plan Administrator.
- Gateway HomeCare, Inc.- Disbursing Agent.
- NXXI Inc. (f/k/a Nutrition 21, Inc.)- Disbursing Agent and Liquidating Trustee.
- R.G. Pharmacy, Inc.- Plan Administrator.
- TPI Liquidation Trust- Trustee.
- TW, Inc. (f/k/a Cablevision Electronics, Inc.) Creditor Litigation Trust- Trustee.
- American Home Mortgage Holdings, Inc., et al
- ADI Liquidation, Inc. (f/k/a AWI Delaware, Inc.) et al
- BPS US Holdings Inc. et al (a/k/a Performance Sports Group)
- Filene’s Basement, LLC, et al (Syms Corp and related entities)
- VSI Liquidation Inc. (f/k/a Vertellus Specialties, Inc. ) et al
Chapter 11 Examiner
- Bellerose Credit Corp., DIP (secured lender on used automobiles) – Appointed as chapter 11 Examiner. Discovered management fraud resulting in the appointment of a chapter 11 trustee and the indictment of the principal.
- High Energy, Inc., DIP (operator of retail electronics store)- Appointed as chapter 11 Examiner to oversee operations and the going-out of business sale on behalf of the New York City Department of Consumer Affairs.
- Ices Management Corp., DIP and Really Parking Corp., DIP, jointly administered (operator of Manhattan parking garage)- Appointed as chapter 11 Examiner. As a result of investigation and discovery of improprieties, appointed as Examiner with expanded powers to oversee operations of debtors and the eventual sale of the garage and the structured dismissal of the cases.
- Richards Conditioning Corp., DIP (HVAC contractor and sub-contractor)- Appointed as chapter 11 Examiner to investigate and report to the Court on the debtor’s treatment of trust funds, other obligations, as well on its books and records and on certain aspects of its operations.
- Caramba Restaurants Corp. Debtor (chain of four Manhattan restaurants) – Accountants to chapter 11 operating trustee. As a result of analyses provided to the trustee, management was removed. Assisted trustee in monitoring interim management and eventual sale of restaurants.
- Equitable Blueprint and Photoprint, Inc., Debtor (architectural printer) – Accountants to chapter 7 trustee. Reconstructed the books and records and analyzed potential fraudulent, preferential and post-filing transfers. Assisted the trustee in the investigation of fraud and potential bankruptcy crimes.
- Little Eric Shoes, Ltd., Debtor (owner-operator of high-end retail children’s shoe store)- Accountant to chapter 7 trustee. Discovered and investigated potential fraud, misappropriation of funds and self-dealing.
- Loranda Murphy, Debtor (individual debtor) – Accountant to chapter 7 trustee. Assisted counsel to trustee relative to insolvency and fraudulent transfer issues resulting from seizure of property by Town of Harrison, NY.
- Manshul Construction Corp. and Manshul Construction Company (Bronx), Inc., Debtors, jointly administered (contractors on government and municipal construction projects)- Accountants to the chapter 7 trustee. Discovered and investigated fraudulent and preferential transfers in excess of $12 million. Assisted trustee and counsel in formulating strategies in pursuit of transfers and other bankruptcy litigation matters.
- Market Training Institute Inc., Debtor (multi-state technical schools) – Accountants to chapter 7 trustee. Provided trustee with sufficient information needed to pursue fraudulent transfers and criminal actions against management and outside auditors.
- Uptic Restaurant Inc. d/b/a Joseph’s of Hanover Square, Debtor (Wall Street area restaurant) Accountants to chapter 7 trustee. Provided accounting and advisory services in the operations of restaurant by trustee, including cash management, payroll and related employment tax matters, maintenance of cash accounts, assessment and management of daily cash and credit card receipts and the eventual sale of operations.
- Van Brunt Payroll Services, Inc., Debtor (provider of on-site payroll check cashing)- Accountants to chapter 7 trustee. Reconstructed daily cash wires (from customers), reconciliation of daily currency transfers to/from banks, armored truck tellers and vaults and payroll check cashing so as to determine status of each customer’s (creditor) funds. Assisted the trustee in the development of strategies relative to trust fund claims and a global settlement.
Debtor Accountants/Financial Advisors
- Bongiovanni Group of Entities (owner- operator of residential apartment buildings).
- Broadhollow Funding Corp., DIP (second mortgagee).
- Eric Gaskins Designs, Inc. DIP (designer of haute couture day and evening wear).
- Fabrication Enterprises, Inc., DIP (distributor of equipment and supplies for physical therapy).
- Goupil Patisserie, Inc., DIP (owner-operator of French bakery and retail store).
- N. Kofsky & Son, Inc., DIP (plumbing contractor on large apartment complexes).
- R.G. Pharmacy, Inc., DIP (owner-operator of large retail pharmacy).
- Superior Vision, Inc., DIP (owner-operator of retail optical store).
- Tavern On The Green Limited Partnership, DIP (licensee-operator of restaurant in Central Park, NYC)
- T.F.D. Bus Corp., DIP (owner-operator of school and charter bus company).
- Vitale Enterprises, Inc., DIP (owner – operator of supermarkets).
Creditor Committee Accountants/Financial Advisors
- Action Redi-Mix Corp., DIP (provider of cement and concrete on construction projects).
- Byram Concrete, & Supply, Inc., DIP (provider of cement and concrete on construction projects).
- Carpet Place of Westchester, Inc., DIP (operator of chain of retail carpet and tile stores).
- Fountainhead Communications Inc., DIP (software developer).
- Fun-4-All Corp., DIP (licensee of toys).
- InaCom Corp., DIP- Retained as consultant to Creditor Committee’s financial advisors relative to insolvency matters.
- RSL Com U.S.A., Inc., DIP- Retained as consultant by Creditor Committee’s financial advisors relative to insolvency and corporate governance issues.
- College health centers (operator) – Assessment of long-term viability, assessment of cash management and cash flow projections for institutional investor group.
- Film equipment (grip and lighting equipment) rental house – Debt restructuring, viability analysis, assessment of cash management and financial reporting systems and the development of projections resulting in the obtaining of significant funding for new production facility.
- Lumber yard- Assessment of financial viability and debt restructuring.
- Magazine publisher – Assessment of the Company’s long-term viability, assessment of cash management and development of projections resulting in funding.
- Radio stations (owner and operator of 11 Spanish language radio stations)- Assessment of the adequacy of the Company’s financial reporting system, reconstruction of financial records, development of and assessment of long term viability to overcome secured lender’s concerns (company out of formula and in violation of various covenants).
- Sparta Chem, Inc. and Compu-Kleen of Elmwood Park, Inc. (telemarketers of cleaning supplies to businesses)
Litigation, Forensic Accounting, Mediation and Related Matters
- Arbitration action brought by architect against builder-developer relating to allocation of costs, expenses and profits- accountants to complainant. Investigated claims, including reconstruction of capital accounts, gain/loss, costs and expenses on construction projects, resulting in a substantial financial award to complainant.
- Business investigations- retained in various matters to investigate suspected fraud, misappropriation of assets and employee dishonesty.
- Business disputes- retained in various business disputes to provide forensic accounting and consulting and expert services.
- Reconstruction of books and records- Retained in various bankruptcy and non-bankruptcy matters to reconstruct books and records.
- Mediation- Retained by architectural firm to mediate the involuntary withdrawal of a founding partner.
- Matrimonial- Retained as court appointed neutral, by matrimonial mediators and by various parties (through counsel) to provide forensic and valuation services.